ASHA Course Number: ACEF0372
Course Credits: 0.4 (4 hours) ASHA CEUs – Intermediate level, Professional area
This course will provide learners with a thorough introduction and description of procedures relevant to the delivery of effective and evidence-based intervention services using a telepractice model. Topics addressed included regulatory procedures, motivating students, individualizing instruction, collaborating with team members, and adapting digital and web-based resources.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Joe has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Joe has no other non-financial information to disclose.
- Demonstrate confidence using web-conferencing tools to present, manipulate and synthesize learning material relevant to a student’s individualized goals and objectives ;
- Structure and organize web-based sessions in a manner that facilitates the establishment of objectives and expectations for the session, motivates the student, and encourages student participation;
- Manage the various responsibilities of a telepractitioner providing individualized and specialized instruction to children receiving school-based intervention;
- Communicate and collaborate with school staff, session facilitators, classroom teachers and school administrators;
- Access and adapt a variety of digital and web-based resources to provide effective, engaging and evidence-based clinical intervention.
- 0:00 – 0:20: Introduction, Course Overview
- 0:20 – 0:40: Licensure and Certification Requirements
- 0:40 – 1:00: The Role of the Facilitator
- 1:00 – 1:50: Therapy Settings and Environmental Considerations
- 1:50 – 2:20: Collaborating with Facilitators, Support Staff and Administrators
- 2:20 – 2:50: IEP Participation and Documentation
- 2:50 – 3:20: Equipment, Digital Devices and Web-conferencing Setup
- 3:20 – 3:50: Scheduling and Session Management
- 3:50 – 4:00: Review/Q&A