Please note: No CEUs will be awarded for participation in this course.
Course Length: 5 hours
This course will provide learners with a thorough introduction and description of procedures relevant to the delivery of effective and evidence-based intervention services using a telepractice model. Topics addressed included regulatory procedures, motivating students, individualizing instruction, collaborating with team members, and adapting digital and web-based resources.
Financial Disclosure: Other than being paid as an employee of EBS Healthcare, Joe has no other relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Joe has no other non-financial information to disclose.
- Demonstrate confidence using web-conferencing tools to present, manipulate and synthesize learning material relevant to a student’s individualized goals and objectives ;
- Structure and organize web-based sessions in a manner that facilitates the establishment of objectives and expectations for the session, motivates the student, and encourages student participation;
- Manage the various responsibilities of a telepractitioner providing individualized and specialized instruction to children receiving school-based intervention;
- Communicate and collaborate with school staff, session facilitators, classroom teachers and school administrators;
- Access and adapt a variety of digital and web-based resources to provide effective, engaging and evidence-based clinical intervention.
- 0:00–0:20: Introduction and Course Overview
- 0:20–0:40: Certification and State Licensure Requirements
- 0:40–1:00: The Role of the Facilitator
- 1:00–1:50: Setting Up Your Therapy Environment
- 1:50–2:20: Your Teletherapy Support Network – Facilitators, Families, Teachers, and Administrators
- 2:20–2:50: IEP Participation
- 2:50–3:20: Basic Technical Requirements and Equipment Operation
- 3:20–3:50: Scheduling, Session Management, and Review
- 3:50–4:45: Addendum – Engaging Students in Telepractice
- 4:45–5:00: Course Test